I have no clue who made this amazing frame...or else I would link back to it.
Here is my final product...which took me most of today to make:
Both of these were taken from my balcony. The light in my apartment wasn't quite right. The glitter stars really do stand out :)
- Foam board
- Fiskars detail knife
- 1 pack: 4in letters (3 in would also work)-I used black letters
- 2 packs: Plain borders (any color will do)-I used silver sparkle.
- Self sticking glittery foam stars
- To start, I measured the foam board using my Silver Sparkle Borders. I used 3 borders per side...layering to see each of the scallops. I stapled to make sure they'd stay together.
- I made marks to see where to cut the middle of the frame. Trim the border to size. I left about a centimeter hanging off the ends, since I knew I would need extra room for all of the letters.
- Cut the middle of the frame BEFORE gluing down the borders. I learned this the hard way...
4. Place the letters. Mark them before gluing to make sure what you need will fit. I had a tough time fitting all of "kindergarten." However, moving them and slanting them helped a bit...
5. Once glued, I decorated the letters with glitter stars! This was the best part...and completely worth the hard work!
The goodies I used:
I am beyond excited to use this frame with my KDG'ers in August!